– BREAKING: Trump economic adviser Gary Cohn resigns from White House in wake of controversy over tariffs. – The Independent
– “Sputnik was a key player in the strategy of Italian destabilization, but it was not the only one. There was another network of small websites focusing almost exclusively on anti-immigration messages such as “All the Immigrants’ Crimes”, “The Populist” or “Italy, my homeland.” An indication of activity by automated accounts, or bots, which are used to make content go viral, is that with twice as many members, the pro-immigration community still published less than half as many comments as those posted by anti-immigration users. Within the sample period, anti-immigrant profiles on Twitter created 68% of all comments on the topic.” – El Pais
– US statedeptspox: “Russia must stop aiding Syria in attacking its own people. UN war crimes investigators said “all available information” indicates that a Russian plane was behind an airstrike in November in Syria’s Idlib province that killed 84 people at a marketplace.”
– President Trump says: North Korea comments “very positive”, but “we are prepared to go whichever path is necessary.” He repeated his assertion the problem should’ve been solved by prior presidents but says nuclear standoff must end. “We cannot let that situation fester”
– BREAKING: Coreea de Nord susține că este gata pentru denuclearizare dacă integritatea regimului este garantată. O linie de comunicare directă între Kim Jing Un și Moon a fost stabilită.
…remarcăm în această înregistrare, rolurile protagoniștilor și “limbajul corpului”… o umilire pentru diplomații sudcoreeni. Pe scurt, Coreea de Sud a îngenuncheat în fața lui Kim. 😆
– Corea de Nord a informat delegația Seulului că nu intenționează să atace Corea de Sud cu arme atomice sau convenționale.
– Syria: O aeronava de transport militar rus s-a prăbuşit la aterizare. 26 pasageri și 6 membri ai echipajului au decedat.
– Vice Pres Mike Pence: My statement on North Korea:
– Boris Johnson: The UK would respond “robustly” to any evidence of Russian involvement in the collapse of former spy Sergei Skripal.
The foreign secretary said he was not pointing fingers at this stage, but described Russia as “a malign & disruptive force”. – BBC
– After DPRK announcement saying they will halt nuclear and missile testing while talks are proceeding, DIA says more testing is inevitable.
– North Korea to have summit with South Korea, Kim Jong Un willing to talk with US about denuclearization. – BBC
– North Korea Is Willing to Discuss Giving Up Nuclear Weapons, South Says. – NewYorkTimes
– (5th LD) Koreas agree to hold third summit in April, reaffirm resolve to denuclearize. – YONHAP
…interesting that this happened the day Russia announced they didn’t have Nort Korea’s back. So much for the SA-21s newly based out at Vladivostok. 😆
– Norwegian intelligence says: Russian Iskander system was transferred to the vicity of the Norwegian border in the high north during Zapad 2017. Pechenga valley, ~ 15 km from Korpfjell.
– Like a Plot from A Clive Cussler Novel, Billionaire Discovers USS Lexington Aircraft Carrier Lost in 1942. – TheAviationist
– USAF RQ4B 10-2043 FORTE10 departed Sigonella at 0123z – Inbound Eastern Ukraine & BlackSea.
– US Navy Los Angeles class Fast Attack Submarine – USS Olympia (SSN717) departed Pearl Harbor at 2120z.