– Putin confesses he would like to prevent USSR breakup if he could. – TASS
– Response to Russia Putin from NATO: “Russian statements threatening to target Allies are unacceptable and counterproductive”.
– US not backing down following boasts by Russia President Vladimir Putin about Moscow’s newest nuclear weapons; Dept of Defense says US ‘fully prepared. – voanews
– Another day, another school shooting, right America ?
This time it’s Central Michigan University. 2 dead.
– US – Russia dialogue in tatters: Russia cancels Shannon-Ryabkov strategic stability talks as payback for last-minute cancellation by US side of cybersecurity discussions per Russian Amb to US Antonov.
– Russian Space Police Institute on Putin’s announcement of a nuclear-powered cruise missile yesterday: “It’s impossible to put a nuclear reactor on a cruise missile, and there are no such engines anyway.” – The Insider Russia
– President Trump is seriously considering military action if North Korea completes a nuclear missile capable of hitting the US, according to multiple sources. Senior officials believe a nuclear armed Pyongyang represents an unacceptable risk to the US. – CNN
– Final approval of Javelin anti-tank missiles for Ukraine.
– US Navy Los Angeles class Fast Attack Submarine – USS Topeka (SSN754) arrived into Yokosuka at approx 1400z.
– Pentagon officials say Russia’s nuke powered cruise missile not operational yet, still in ‘R&D’ phase and has crashed recently in testing in the Arctic, despite claims by Putin today.